Safety Protocols During COVID
Here are the safety measures and protocols that we are enacting to ensure everyone’s safety in the studio. These standards are either mandated by the state, relate to safety/health measures, or both.
- A UV light device has been installed on the HVAC unit. All air that passes out of the unit will be covid free as the UV light kills it, along with other virus/bacteria in the air.
- Masks must be worn at all times except when drinking water.
- Practice is socially distanced: no contact drills; no free sparring.
- Students are expected to wear their uniforms according to all the proper traditions. Students must arrive in uniform. We are not allowed to use changing rooms. Belts will be tied upon arriving at the studio.
- Temperature must be taken upon entering the studio. There is a thermometer on the wall by the entrance.
- Classes are 45 minutes each. There are 30 minutes between classes to allow for ample time to transition in out and clean up/wipe down time.
- No one should be in the waiting room during class time.
- Students or families with any health concerns (cold, fever, etc.) need to skip class.
- Class size is limited to 10 students per class. We currently are unable to have the flexible attendance policy that we have had. Students will need to sign up for class times.
- Hand sanitizer is available at multiple locations in the studio.
- The bathroom is accessible for use and for hand washing.
- The studio has 18+ ft. ceilings.
- The practice area is about 1500 square feet, about 37 x 41.
I am constantly monitoring the situation and following all government recommendations. My focus and greatest concern is everyone’s safety, health and well being!!
Download these protocols in PDF form